Letter #8

Dear M,

Why am I writing these letters to you? Do you care? 
Two years back, probably I would have answered that myself but with age I have learned to...(sigh), behave. So I will let you do the talking when it comes to those two questions. 

I am scared that whatever you have to say will shatter me. And when it comes to you, I don't want to be shattered. 

I will be honest with you. I love you and no that does not mean that I want to marry you. I don't want to marry at all. I love you, and I want to be with you. Whatever that means, I am ready to take it up. 

I know we are polls apart and like you have said, "we belong to different planets". Our stars will never collide but again, it doesn't mean I cannot love you. I knew since the beginning that I am not the girl who will end up with you. You deserve someone a little better than me. But I also know that you enjoy being around me. After all, I am probably the only non-intellectual person in your life and admit it, everyone likes a little nonsense sometimes. 

Please don't think I am demeaning myself. I am not. There are things about me which I know you will never understand because you haven't been anywhere close to those situations. For an instance, let me ask you this. Have anyone ever looked at your parents and said, "I thought you belong you a very classy family", followed by several marks of disappointment. 

I don't think so. 

But that is not important to me. I adore you. You are a person who should be loved and all that difference can take a backseat. I want to read with you, write with you, learn new languages with you, walk around Mumbai with you, watch the oldest classics with you, listen to old folk song with you and above all I want to talk to you endlessly. 

That is all I want. And maybe, if someday you will allow, kiss you, too. 

I desperately wish you would read these letters but then again, I cannot force it on you. 

With love,
Nora. 

Comments